Setting your app to auto-update
As a Member or Helper with Five Good Friends, it's important that you are on the most up to date version of the app. We release amazing features for our software on a regular basis that you wouldn't want to miss out on. Luckily there's an easy way to ensure this by checking that you've allowed automatic downloads of app updates in your device settings. This means that when a new update has been released, your device will automatically install it for you.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select "iTunes & App Store" from the settings menu.
- Make sure that "App Updates" is turned On.
How to ensure auto-updates don't use your mobile data
If you're worried about auto updates using your mobile data, never fear, there are options you can set so it only updates when you're connected via Wi-Fi instead of eating into your data allowance.
Under the "Mobile Data" section, if you select Automatic Downloads to be switched off, then it won't download updates using your mobile data. It will only do it when you're connected via Wi-Fi. 👍
Manually updating the app
If for whatever reason you'd prefer to manually update the Five Good Friends app, you can do so by following these instructions:
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap your profile icon at the top right hand side of the screen.
- Scroll down to see Available Updates. If the 5GF app has an update you haven't yet installed, it will appear in this list.
- Tap "Update" next to the 5GF app, or select "Update All".